1. There Will Be Blood: A PT Anderson film starring Daniel Day Lewis, and with such a fierce title…oh my.
2. No Country for Old Men: Picking up most of the
3. Juno: Ghost World,
4. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly: Julien Schnabel’s emotionally devastating masterpiece about a stroke victim’s struggle to write his memoirs in the blink of an eye. (Feb 8)
5. Charlie Wilson’s War: A political comedy written by Aaron Sorkin and directed by Mike Nichols. Yes please! (Jan 11)
6. Sweeney Todd: After getting a blog-slapped by Montage earlier this year,
7. The Savages: A grown-up indie starring Laura Linney and Philip Seymour Hoffman as siblings trying to cope with a dying parent. The kind of film that was absent from our cinemas this past year. (Jan 25)
8. Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story: The always brilliant John C. Reilly finally gets to carry a film, here playing a fictional rock star in this satirical comedy co-written by comic golden boy Judd Apatow. (Jan 18)